Are you looking to restore your smile but are unsure of which type of treatment to use? Two of the best options available are dental crowns and dental veneers. Dental crowns fully conceal damaged or unsightly teeth by capping the whole tooth down to the gum line while dental veneers conceal damage or unsightly teeth by affixing a small shell to the front of teeth for an aesthetically pleasing look.
The real question is this. Which works best, dental crowns or dental veneers? Let’s take a look!
The Advantages of Dental Crowns:
– Dental crowns can improve the functionality and durability of a tooth, extending its lifespan.
– Dental crowns can be customized and designed based on color, size, shape, and curvature.
– Dental crowns can last over a decade.
– Dental crowns can protect against teeth that have fillings, root canals, and even implants.
– Dental crowns can piece together broken bits of teeth and restore their function.
The Advantages of Dental Veneers:
– Dental veneers can be customized and designed based on color, size, shape, and curvature.
– Dental veneers require little tooth enamel removal, even less than dental crowns.
– Dental veneers can last over a decade.
– Dental veneers can give you a superstar smile and are often used by wealthy individuals and celebrities alike.
If you would like to schedule an oral exam at Adept Dental Shafter, simply call our dental office in Shafter, California, at 661-746-6989. In addition to our dentists, Dr. Tom Gordon, Dr. Olivia Park, and Dr. Richard Parrott, our entire team looks forward to making your smile shine!