What is Levitra?
While not as popular as Viagra, Levitra is an effective erectile dysfunction medication that has helped millions of men around the world. This medicine works similarly to its counterparts, increasing blood flow to the penis so you can produce an erection. This medicine is approved for men over the age of 18 and is considered to be very safe.
How Fast Does Levitra Work?
It typically takes about 60 minutes for Levitra to work. This isn’t as fast as Viagra, but it will produce similar results. Once the drug is in your system, you’ll feel its effects for about 4 hours. This means that you have a considerable window of opportunity to have sex.
Where to buy Vardenafil (Generic Levitra) Online Fast and Comfortable
Generic Levitra (Vardenafil)
–> from $ 1.05
Order Online Now
How to Take Levitra
Your doctor will determine how much Levitra you should take. Dosage suggestions are based on your age and general health.
- Men Under 65 — The doctor will start you on a dose of 10 mg. You’ll take the medicine as needed, when you’re ready for sexual relations, about an hour before sex. If the medicine produces a good result, the doctor will keep the same dosage. If you experience side effects, the doctor may reduce the dosage to 5 mg to see if it produces the same result. If the medicine doesn’t work as well, the doctor may increase the dose. The maximum dose allowed for this age bracket is 20 mg.
- Men Over 65 — The doctor will prescribe a dose of 5 mg, to be taken about an hour before sex. This is the maximum allowable dose for this age bracket.
Note that Levitra requires physical stimulation in order to work. You will not experience a spontaneous erection. If you have difficulty getting into the mood, you can try reading or watching erotica or being intimate with a partner.
Levitra should be taken only once per day, but only if you need it. There is no benefit to taking Levitra every day as the drug won’t offer a cumulative effect; it will only work in the hours after you take it. However, you may be able to achieve more than one erection during this time period.
What to Avoid While Taking Levitra
Some everyday consumables may interact with Levitra. To stay safe and healthy, you should avoid:
- Other ED medications — Do not take other erectile dysfunction medicines at the same time as Levitra. Taking more than one ED medicine at the same time won’t produce more favorable results and could lead to severe side effects.
- Alcohol — Dizziness is a side effect of Levitra, but if you also drink alcohol, you could experience severe dizziness that prevents you from standing up or walking. While minimal alcohol consumption may not hurt you, it’s best to avoid alcohol completely to prevent an interaction.
- Grapefruit — Eating grapefruit when you take Levitra could lead to a dangerous plunge in your blood pressure. This can be extremely dangerous if you are operating heavy machinery or are in a place where losing consciousness can lead to injury (stairs, ladder, car)
Levitra Side Effects
When you take Levitra, you may notice some side effects. Most tend to be minor and more of an inconvenience rather than something to be worried about. Some of the side effects you might see include:
- Cold-like symptoms, like stuffy nose or sinus pressure
- Muscle pain, especially in the back
- Redness of the face
- Upset stomach or nausea
If you experience these symptoms, you should not be concerned. They typically go away once the drug has left your body. If they’re especially bothersome, give your doctor a call for further advice.
Some Levitra side effects are more serious. If you experience any of the following, call your doctor immediately:
- Difficulty breathing
- Ringing of your ears or hearing loss
- Swelling of the extremities
- An erection that lasts for longer than 4 hours
Levitra does not mix well with some other kinds of medications. If you’re taking any of these drugs, let your doctor know before you take Levitra:
- High-blood pressure medicine
- Prostate medicine
- Heart medicine
- HIV or AIDS medicine
Taking Levitra at the same time as the above medications can result in those medicines not working as intended because Levitra may reduce their effectiveness.