Although mouthwash should not replace brushing and flossing, it is a helpful addition to use after meals and brushing. Instead of grabbing the first product on the shelf, consider the following:
– Some brands of mouthwash are useful for freshening breath and preventing the odors associated with bad breath, also called halitosis.
– Some mouthwash products can also improve your smile by introducing teeth whiteners to remove stains and discolorations.
– To make sure your mouthwash will be effective, look on the label for the Seal of Acceptance, from the American Dental Association.
– Your dentist can tell you which mouthwash products will best suit your oral health needs.
– Look for a mouthwash with ingredients that fight the plaque buildup and the harmful acids in your mouth, as well as strengthen your tooth enamel.
To schedule a professional cleaning at Adept Dental Shafter with Dr. Olivia Park and the team at our office in Shafter, California, simply give us a call at 661-746-6989. We look forward to helping you.